"This post contains affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. This is how I help to make money so I can continue to bring you amazing content. All opinions are my own."
I am constantly looking for ways to add to our bar cart that we purchased when we moved to Chicago early this year. I also have this weird problem where I want to save any sort of glass container that we get. Lotion jars, spice jars, jam jars, you name it. If it is glass and kind of cute, I probably want to hoard it. You never know how it could be used in the future! Luckily two and two came together with this simple upcycle of a glass salt grinder that was the perfect touch for the bar cart that is finally going to get some use when one of my besties comes to visit for the 4th! So pumped! Teaser- you’re probably also going to see at least one drink idea that’ll come from this visit-LOL.
For this project, I just needed some craft paint, painters tape, small paint brush, and of course the salt grinder! This really isn’t a tutorial, you just paint it. EASY.
I have been trying to keep my cart color scheme in the wood/gold/white/light pink tones and so I chose a light pink paint and decided that simple stripes would do the trick. It’s sort of Kate Spade-esque.
What do you think?
- Glassware: Anthropologie, they don’t have the same version with gold rim currently online, but they do have this pretty lavender one.
- Drink Dispenser: Amazon. The best part is that the stand flips over and can be used as an ice bucket!
- Mini Milk Bottle: Crate & Barrel, but I found them here. Amazon is the best!
- Straws: Amazon: Kikkerland, so cute, right? Don’t get me wrong, paper straws are actually a pain and they suck, but they look so pretty so we sacrifice. Got it?
- Bowl: H&M Home, they don’t have this bowl anymore as their inventory turns quickly, but if you haven’t shopped here yet, you are totally missing out on life.